Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cartune Xprez

I discovered a fellow weirdo named Bruce Bickford recently on the internet. He made lots of psychedelic meticulous brainy animations to Frank Zappa songs long go, and a clip found it's way in to my line of sight on youtube recently. I really wanted to post his work to spread the joy.

brucebickford.com

In looking into Bickford's new work, I found that there is this art collective that shows films on the road called cartunexprez (cartunexprez.com). They are going to be in town presenting a band called Hooliganship @ Holocene in November. I would check out a clip of them online. Hooliganship is comprised of two members who have choreographed dance and composed music to perform alongside animations in a such a way that the band become characters in a narrative (as far as I can tell). Zany...

No comments: